Sunday, November 13, 2011

News Roundup: 13 November 2011

Super slow week.  Wonder why?  ...oh, yeah.  Everyone was fighting dragons or shooting terrorists.  Welcome to the big rush of games.  A couple of stories after the jump.

Wow. After seeing a copy of MW3go on eBay for over $1700 dollars, this takes the cake. I'm sure there was much fist-pounding and Naty Ices to be had by these two felons. Damn...people are just a wee bit nuts when it comes to “big” stuff like this. Tear-gassing the driver?!? A car crash? Methinks these two played it a bit too much and thought, “Yeah, we can do big 'set-piece' stuff! Let's do it!” And then my faith in humanity is damaged again with a report ofanother robbery in France. (via Game Informer)

So, they may have found a couple of Sir Francis Drake's ships off the coast of Panama? Neat! As a historian, that's just cool! What if they find Drake's coffin, and a body inside? What would that mean for our favourite adventurer? It's neat when Life and Art collide. And sometimes real adventure happens. So, maybe I should order that pith helmet and book a trip to the Amazon. ...yeah, maybe not.

Yay...more hacker nonsense and “maybe but maybe not” identity stuff stolen. I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, I should not have accounts for game sites. :-(

Yeah, that's about it this week.  Hopefully things will pick up as the Holiday Rush of Great Games (tm) winds down and we can start playing all these stellar titles.

4 comments:

  1. Francis Drake is my favorite non pirate. wink wink nudge nudge Also, I haven't played it yet but the new Zelda for Wii is supposed to be the best Zelda ever. To bad it launched opposite of Skyrim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I know you told me you reviewed Sanctum but I never saw it posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanctum post is coming soon. I wanted to get Uncharted 3 up first. And that gives me a bit more time with Sanctum, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, I was just a curious.

    ReplyDelete