Thursday, December 15, 2011

30 Days of Gaming: Day 15

Day 15 - Saddest Game Scene



There are very few scenes that drive me to tears.  Games stir emotion regularly in me, but true sadness has only come twice for me.  These really are MASSIVE, GAME RUINING SPOILERS ahead.  The games (Final Fantasy X and Valkyria Chronicles) have big moments ruined if you haven't played them.  So grab your kleenex and read on if you'd like...



The End (Final Fantasy X):  This is one of the best 'sad scenes' I've experienced.  I was so happy to have beaten the last boss, resolved Tidus' daddy issues and saved Yuna from a cruel fate all at once.  But the fact that Tidus had to vanish as the “dreamers awoke” was too much.  I was stunned!  I was shocked!  And then, I cried.  Yep, this scene makes me leaky.  Seeing Tidus start to vanish as Yuna runs through him, Yuna's confession of love and their hug as Yuna's tears fall. And Tidus running and leaping off into the sky was too much.  I cry every time I beat FF X, which is usually once a year.  It hasn't lost the emotional impact on me yet.

The ending cinematic for Final Fantasy X (duh, SPOILERS)

Death of a squadmate (Valkyria Chronicles): I figured someone would die out of the named cast in VC (it's a war game after all), but I was unsure of who and when.  I wasn't ready at all when it.  There were signs of the squad coming together and reaching that level of honor and respect we see in war movies.  After finishing one tough mission, it started up the usual post-mission cinematic.  Shortly after, I was wiping tears.  It was heart wrenching to see Isara and Rosie reconcile right before a single gunshot rang out.  I wasn't really upset until the funeral, and Rosie's song (Isara's last request).  Hell, I'm welled up right now as I had to find these two videos. Ugh...dammit...

The death scene (derp, SPOILERS)

The funeral scene (again with the big SPOILERS)

No comments:

Post a Comment