Thursday, March 8, 2012

News and Vacation!

Alright, it's that time of year!  The one time where I get to have a week and change off to enjoy time with my family.  I'm not going to be able to update until next week, so there won't be any posts this weekend or the following week.  However, I'm hoping to get enough quality Vita time to be able to review Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, Unit 13 and get write-ups done for Syndicate and Binary Domain after I return.  Also, I have (and cannot enjoy yet) Mass Effect 3 to play for fun (and review later).  So, I'm hoping that two weeks of silence will be followed by an explosion of reviews (since I've been so bad at that lately).  Before signing off, here's a couple of stories that caught my eye!






Muk, possibly thrown about a hotel hallway in the UK
A professional Pokemon team from Spain has chosen something other than a canon Pokemon for a fight. Multiple reports are saying that the team fought in a hotel corridor with their own feces. Police in Birmingham, UK were called to remove the offenders. Yep, Spaniards in town for a Pokemon tournament got drunk and began to throw their waste at each other. I'm sure there are jokes to be made about Muk, or Primape, or any number of others. (via Destructoid)









Could Team Rainbow be in trouble?
The cover story that Game Informer did for the game showed a lot of promise.  Tough decisions, excellent tactical combat and a story that was ripped from our own fears.  It seems that Ubisoft had some sort of issue with the team, as the Creative Director, Narrative Director, Lead Animator and Lead Designer all have been moved off the project and been replaced.  That's ... not good.  We'll see where the team goes from this and if the game recovers or is wholesale changed.  The game is slated for a nebulous "2013" release.  (via Game Informer)

No comments:

Post a Comment