Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekly News Roundup: 3 June 2012


I'm not going to have a long post this week.  E3 begins tomorrow and there will be plenty of stories to link and share then.  Microsoft kicks off the show with their press conference, and Sony's is in the evening.  The big one to watch will be Nintendo's Tuesday show because we'll get to see a lot more on the WiiU or whatever they decide to call it.  This week, I've got a bunch of trailers that leaked ahead of the show.  So, enjoy!


The court battle is over

Well, it looks like the epic court battle has come to an end. Word has surfaced that a settlement has been reached between the parties. Providing this all goes through, one of the biggest court battles in gaming has come to an end. (via Game Informer)









A Few Trailers that Leaked Ahead of E3
The E3 gameplay trailer for Dishonored

I know how excited I am for this game, but this should turn a few heads.  The first trailer showing gameplay is always exciting, but this...well, this is AWESOME!  The creepy song helps the mood, and things look pretty good so far.  I also like the 9 October release date!  Yay!

The new Tomb Raider trailer

I've always loved this series, even the terrible ones.  I'm really excited to see how this reboot plays out.  The gameplay shown looks good (though a bit more Uncharted than I expected) and the visuals are stunning.  My only worry is how chatty Laura is.  Reminds me the lead from Blades of Time, and that's a bad thing.

A long, but awesome trailer for Tokyo Jungle

This awesome game looks hilariously fun.  Europe is getting it on PSN, so there is hope for the as-yet-unannounced US release.  If you have 18 minutes to enjoy the video above, do so.  Watching a herd of Pomeranian puppies take down chickens is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment