Friday, December 23, 2011

30 Days of Gaming: Day 23

Day 23 - Game with the Best Cutscenes


This one was surprisingly easy.  It has to go to Final Fantasy XIII.  I dislike the game, personally.  I don't like playing it, but I gave it the old college try anyhow.  And I was rewarded with some amazingly beautiful scenes, interesting characters and a well-defined world.  Cocoon and Pulse are great locations and have many vistas and sites that are meticulously rendered in fine detail.  The scenes are made using the in-game engine, so everything looks the same between the gameplay and the cinemas.  I loved what I saw and my jaw was on the floor often with how pretty it all was.  Take a look at some of the videos below to get an idea of how gorgeous this game is.  These videos might be SPOILERS if you haven't played yet.

The opening movie

Lake Bresha, right after it all hits the fan

Snow's fireworks scene with Serah

As you can see, it's pretty.  So very pretty.

And, to beat a dead horse (doing that a lot over the next few entries), I love the new cinemas in the PSP Final Fantasy: Tactics - War of the Lions.  These add a lot, though they assume you left the main character's name as Ramza.  I love hearing the voices and the style is superb!  Also, sorta SPOILERS for the early stuff.

The opening cinema

The first cinema, after the tutorial battle

No comments:

Post a Comment